It seems my most inspired moments come when I least expect them, and rarely when I actually need them. As a seminary student slaving for the next few years studying theology deep, philosophical thinking and theologically fueled conversation are typically the norm. Living alone, however, I spend a lot of time simply inside my own head mulling over the complexities of the divine and pondering the deeper contentions of human nature. My mode of expressing the epiphanies that come to me late at night or while I'm doing dishes in my apartment is generally writing; a method that often goes unread by anyone other than myself. Therefore, in order to share with anyone in the web community who has a curiousity or interest in the areas of the spiritually significant or divinely dichotomous can share with me in my mental mullings. So, friends, welcome to my blog; to the world inside my head. Proceed with caution; things could get weird.
It's an unfortunate reality that not only does politics divide our country, it divides Christ's church. In this blog, I'm not going to try to persuade which candidate to vote for, but rather I am going to attempt to urge any and all professing believers to vote responsibly. If you are voting (and I hope that you are) I encourage you to prayerfully consider your decision. I encourage you to use divine discernment in which candidate you mark your ballot for. Please, do not simply vote for the candidate that most benefits what your itching ears want to hear, but rather prayerfully invest in the candidate that will uphold God's standards in his leadership of this nation. Like Israel, the Christian community in America has fallen into the trap of relying on political structures to provide for our needs and even our desires. In 1 Samuel 8, we find that Israel has grown tired of the Judges and Priests that God has given to advise them and demands that they have a king. Sam...
Comments
Post a Comment